Due by: October 1st
The Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair Association annually offers scholarships to students majoring or planning to major in agriculture, veterinary medicine, or other fields of study. The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage personal growth and knowledge.
To be eligible a student must reside in one of the following Florida counties: Duval, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Nassau, or St. Johns. At the time of application, the applicant must be at least a high school senior, enrolled or planning to enroll in a four year university, junior college, or technical institution
The Scholarship Committee of the Greater Jacksonville Fair will review all complete applications. Winners will be announced during the Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair. Decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
Scholarship funds will be assigned to and administered by the winner's college, university, or technical institution. If a scholarship winner drops out of school, any unused portion of scholarship funds will be returned to the Jacksonville Fair.
Participation in this program is open to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, or national origin.
The Scholarship Committee will review and select winners from completed packets, which include the following:
(1) The application
(2) The applicant's essay, which is a one-page essay and briefly discusses the following:
- Applicant’s background
- List of any awards or special recognition earned from the community, high school, sorority, fraternity, civic, agricultural, or religious organizations in which the applicant is now or has been involved
- Participation and awards from 4-H, FFA, or Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair or local or state fairs
- Applicant’s leadership experience within those organizations.
(3) Three (3) original letters of recommendation. If possible, the letters should be written on the letterhead of the person making the recommendation.