Open & Youth Divisions
Superintendent: Valerie Ansell
Secretary - Tim Ansell
Receiving: Tuesday, November 5th, from 6:00 - 8:00 P. M.
*ENTRY FEES: YOUTH - $1.00 PER BIRD - OPEN - $3.00 PER BIRD
Judge: Marvin Cummings
See General Rules & Poultry Health Regulations
ENTRIES CLOSE OCTOBER 1ST.
HOW TO ENTER: Click on the above link and type your information including name, address and SSN. You must also specify
"Standard" or "Bantam" fowl on the entry form. Print and send the completed form along with your *entry fee or fees, which
are, $3.00 for each bird entered in the Open Division and $1.00 for each bird entered in the Youth Division. Only
completed forms with required entry fees will be accepted. *Entry fees are non-refundable.
Mail your completed entry and fees to:
The Jacksonville Fairgrounds
510 Fairgrounds Place
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
*Checks that may be returned due to NSF will be assessed a $50 returned check fee. All outstanding fees must be
paid with certified funds prior to check in day for participation in the fair.
Parking in Livestock Lot #2 is strictly prohibited unless authorized by the fair office with a Lot #2 parking pass.
Vehicles found to be parked without authorization WILL BE TOWED!!!
- ELIGIBILITY: This show is open to any bona fide poultry producer
in Florida. Exhibitors must have owned stock three months prior
to the opening of the Fair. All domesticated land and waterfowl
(either exhibition or commercial) listed in the American Poultry
Association's "Standard of Perfection" and the American Bantam Association's "Bantam Standard" will be accepted for competition. Rules for judging
set forth in these publications will be strictly adhered to. In
addition to the above listed fowl, recognized F1 Hybrids such as
(Sex-link & Red Comets, etc.,) will be admitted. Birds under 6 months
of age will not be accepted. Mixed breeds will not be accepted. Because of their pugnacious disposition, fighting gamecocks and hens will not be accepted. All qualified entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
CLASSES Entries will be classified as follows: COCK A male bird 12 months of age or over COCKEREL A male bird of less than 12 months of age HEN A female bird 12 months of age or over PULLET A female bird of less than 12 months of age
- RECEIVING: Exhibitors must make their own arrangements for delivery and pickup of birds. Entries should arrive at the Fairgrounds Tuesday, November 5th, between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. ONCE THE BIRDS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, EXHIBITORS MAY NOT RELOCATE THEIRS OR OTHER EXHIBITORS BIRDS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL AND PERSONAL PARTICIPATION OF THE SUPERINTENDENT. The Fair Association reserves the right to refuse entry to any fowl that appears to be sick, diseased or infected with lice or mites. Any fowl disqualified by the judges must be removed immediately by the exhibitor. All other entries must remain for the duration of the Fair. ALL EGGS LAID DURING THE SHOW BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE FAIR ASSOCIATION. ANYONE REMOVING EGGS OTHER THAN THE SHOW SUPERINTENDENT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FAIRGROUNDS AND WILL NOT BE INVITED BACK.
- JUDGING: The Modified Danish System of Judging will be used for this show. The decision of the judges shall be final in all cases.
- AWARDS: ONLY BLUE RIBBON BIRDS WILL QUALIFY FOR AWARDS which will be presented to the Champion Standard Fowl, Reserve Champion Standard Fowl, Champion Bantam Fowl, Reserve Champion Bantam Fowl, Best Waterfowl, Best Gamebird, Best Turkey and Best Pigeon. Best of Show will receive a special award. The Show Judge will award all ribbons and rosettes.
- YOUTH AWARDS: Will be presented at the Parade Of Champions, Saturday, November 9th, at 7:00 P. M. in the Livestock Arena.
- RELEASE / REMOVAL DATES AND TIMES: Birds will begin being released at 9:00 P. M. but no later than 10:00 P. M., Sunday, November 17th. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to collect their birds during the above stated time. Any bird removed prior to this time without the consent of the Show Superintendent and Fair Officials will forfeit all awards. Although all possible care will be used in receiving, cooping, feeding, caring for and returning of the birds, the Greater Jacksonville Fair will not be responsible for loss by accident, fire, theft, or providential destruction.
|1st - $5.00||2nd - $3.00||3rd - $2.00|
PASSES: The Livestock Office will supply exhibitors with four (4) 1-day entrance passes.