SCHEDULING AND CONTRACTING PROCEDURES
- The Jacksonville Fairgrounds and the Expo Center at the Fairgrounds
maintains a three-year master event calendar. Inquiries about availability
and prices should be directed to Gayle Hart, Vice President of Marketing.
The Vice President of Marketing will act as liaison between the client and the
- A request that a date or dates be put on hold will be accommodated
only with the understanding that the client requesting the hold intends
to enter into a contractual agreement for rental of the Jacksonville Fairgrounds
within thirty days. Jacksonville Fairgrounds and the Expo Center
at the Fairgrounds dates not contracted within 30 days of a hold request
will be RELEASED AUTOMATICALLY.
- Should a requested date or dates already be on hold, a potential rental
client may request a second hold, which guarantees first right
of refusal should the date or dates become available. A date or
dates on hold may be challenged only when a client is prepared
to enter into a rental agreement immediately. Should a date
or dates be challenged, the first client having the date(s) on hold will
be given the opportunity to sign a rental contract within two business
days or forfeit the date(s) to the second client. In that event,
the second client will be expected to sign a rental contract and pay a
rental deposit immediately.
- Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Jacksonville Fairgrounds
and the Expo Center reserves the right to offer scheduling priority to
itself and its regular rental clients.
- A contract should be requested only when the rental client is prepared
to sign it and enter into a legally binding agreement immediately.
A rental deposit of half the estimated rent is required and due with the return of the signed
Jacksonville Fairgrounds and Expo Center Use Agreement.
Should the signed agreement and deposit not be received by the deadline
date specified, the date(s) will be RELEASED AUTOMATICALLY, and the contract
will become null and void. All rental deposits are non-refundable.
- The balance of the rental fee is due not later than 30 days prior to
the first scheduled event. All estimated facility costs are generally
due not later than 14 days prior to the event.
- If client wishes to sell food and beverage during a public event, a
buy-out contract with Geedunk Concessions must be made. Agreement
as well as payment is made directly with and to Geedunk Concessions.
- Before the move-in and after the move-out of the event, the Maintenance Superintendent and the client will inspect the facility for any damages. All damage and repair costs will be the responsibility of the client.
For more information
Gayle Hart, Vice President of Marketing